Yee-ha, Irrlicht 1.4beta is out. A short excerpt from the news on irrlicht.sf.net, what's new:
- A rewritten unified skeletal animation system with some more sophisticated long awaited features such as manual joint animation.
- Irrlicht's own file format: .irrmesh, for static meshes.
- Mesh writing support: Write collada, .stl and .irrmesh files. Irrlicht now can also read .stl files and be used to convert any file it can read into these file formats.
- Enhanced Particle System reintegrated from the irrSpintz forkImproved GUI: Keyboard control support (tab, shift etc), SpinBox
- PointSprite support
- Improved collada, .obj, .my3d and loaders
Read full text here
Yes, this release is a beta, not the final 1.4 version yet, so be careful. I also updated the Irrlicht team page
a bit, for those who are interested.
Thanks to all who made this release possible!