As I already blogged, I implemented global illumination into irrEdit last week
. Unfortunately I wasn't able to really test it out and didn't know if it really worked. So I just built a test scene using anim8or
and lighted it with my irrEdit development version. The result: The same scene rendered using direct lighting (left) and global illumination (right). This feature will be included in the next version of irrEdit.
Looks great, IMO. I wanted to test if the color bleeding worked using the red cube. Some texels on the floor are a bit more red, but I'm not sure if it really does work as I wanted it too. So I built a better test scene: Again, a scene rendered using direct lighting (left) and global illumination (right).
Obviously, color bleeding works as expected, yay. As you can see, there are some artifacts, maybe really something Steve
already suspected in a comment on the previous entry. But I'm happy it looks like this so far, hope I've some time to improve this until the release.