IE 6 was released in August 2001. Now, only some few years
(although not available as german version yet) has been released today, and I played around with it a bit. Nice tool. Some things I noticed:
- Tabbed browsing, yippe! But why did they make the toolbar share the same row with the tool buttons? Do they still think the average user will only open 4-5 pages at maximum at the same time? Strange. Also, it looks like there is no way to reorder the tool bar rows, only horizontal moving is possible after unlocking it. Very strange.
- Looks like they invested some time into the .rss reader. It is very clear and functional, and I like it. Except the fact that it doesn't display feeds with DTDs in it. It doesn't even try to display the real content then, it simply displays an error message.
- All fonts are now blurred or very antialiased. Makes me feel like I need new glasses. It's adjustable but a bit shocking in the beginning.
- The interface looks ugly when using the Win2k skin. With the WindowsXP style it's ok.
- The report-as-pishing-site-with-one-click-button at the bottom makes me shiver. No, nobody would ever report pages of competitors as pishing pages, right?
- Some .css stuff on some of my websites doesn't work with it anymore, but nothing important. And as long as Opera and Firefox still agree that I am right and IE is wrong, I think I'll just keep it like that.
Anyway, a nice new browser, finally the average user has tabs too. But I'll stick to Opera nevertheless.