Last week I worked just a bit more on irrEdit, the Irrlicht Editor
and improved various small details. I also added some more scripting functions and the possibility to insert menus and toolbar items into the editor via scripts, to make it extendable. I wrote documentation for the scripting interface which was the most difficult part :) Please take a look at it
, are you missing something? It's not everything, but it should be possible to do pretty much with this already: modify everything of scene nodes and materials. Animators are still missing.
The cool thing about this is that those scripts are really useful, and not only a toy. Example:
So what's so cool about that screen shot? IrrEdit currently is not able to show the scene in wire frame mode. And the development version on the shot isn't either. So to test out the scripting stuff, I added a script which added a button enhancing the editor to toggle the wire frame mode. It looks like this:
WireframeModeOn <- false;
// toggles wirframe mode for one node and its children
local materialCount = irrGetSceneNodeMaterialCount(node);
for (local i=0; i<materialCount; ++i)
irrSetSceneNodeMaterialProperty(node, i, "Wireframe",
local childCount = irrGetSceneNodeChildCount(node);
for (local i=0; i<childCount; ++i)
// toggles wireframe mode for all nodes
::WireframeModeOn = !::WireframeModeOn;
Also cool: It was easier to write that script in 2 minutes than it would have taken to code it really in C++ into the editor. I hope that other people will use this scripting too and will contribute their stuff to make the editor better. :) Going to release that thing soon.