). I extended the game's code in my free time, and after a few years, a lot of features were added, and the game started to be fun.
arrived (basically it's a way to bundle your website in a package together with the Chrome browser and pretend you created a native app), and I thought:
"Woha! Why not make a real native app out of my WebGL game? I only put it into Electron and that's it!"
I did that, and Electron worked surprisingly well. Nice piece of software.
But the result wasn't very convincing: Although I put a lot of effort into making the electron app feel like a native app instead of a HTML site, it had a lot of drawbacks like input lag, lack of hardware, 3D and fullscreen settings, bad working cursor locking and similar.
So I decided to rewrite the entire game in C++. Because - why not. And it shouldn't be that complicated:
(which I created), which has a similar API to the C++ 3D engine Irrlicht
(which I created too), on which my game engine Framework CopperCube is based on anyway. So it wasn't that much work, I only had to rewrite the game logic. Everything else, from Window / UI / Collision / Font / Texture / Sound / Image / File handling etc was already there, with a very similar API.
The port was done within a handful of weekends and the game is now a native Win32 C++ program. You can try it if you like
to be much, much slower. See next why.
Control of the details
on some systems, one version sometimes
on other systems. It's quite frustrating.
For now, I'm developing my game further in C++. And hope to have it finished within the next months. You can follow its progress on its website
, if you like.