- As nearly every programmer, I always thought about starting a company on my own. Time to stop thinking about it? A survey indicates U.S. companies average 305 pending international lawsuits per year.
- Universities are "fertile recruiting grounds" for terrorists, according to the british government. So universities now should spy on their students. But only on "Asian-looking" and Muslim students.
- Israeli President Moshe Katsav suspected to have carried out sex crimes of rape, sexual molestation by force and without consent.
- 14 year old girl ran anti-Bush page on MySpace and then got questioned by the Secret Service.
- Since 1999, the management of the German Rail increased their own salary by 300 percent (german link).
- The police found rocket launchers, chemicals, and a nuclear or biological suit at the home of a british dentist. Wondering why there is no talk about terrorists and nothing mentioned about it in the media? Possibly correlated to the fact that the dentist doesn't look Arabic enough?
- Saying "Your policies in Iraq are reprehensible" to Cheney and get arrested for "assaulting the vice president".
- Already 650.000 people dead because of the war in Iraq (german article).
- Looks like guards at Guantanamo Bay even bragged about beating detainees and described it as a common practice.
three comments, already:
fred - 17 10 06 - 20:52
I really despise the Bush administrations policies… ...all of them…
blah - 18 10 06 - 05:15
305 law suits are not bad either.
freya - 18 10 06 - 07:50