- YouTube video, showing an U.S. Convoy in Iraq getting under attack. Instead of protecting the trucks, the army is fleeing and leaving the drivers to die there. The army did an 'investigation' into this but 'lost' the report. Also Halliburton fired the only surviving driver because he got shot.
- In germany, 56% of all water samplings are containing so much uranium that it is is too dangerous for infants to drink it (german link). The government refused the of delivery information about where that Uranium is coming from. Because this could affect the volume of sales of several companies.
- The company that discharged 500 tonnes of waste in Ivory Coast has denied that the product was toxic. Because the chemical sludge met 'international safety standards'.
- An israeli military court (!) concludes that it's legal to imprison the hamas government without limit (german link).
- 16-year-old El Paso girl accused of trying to smuggle cocaine into the U.S imprisoned for 40 years.
- It's official: Terror benefits from War in iraq (german link)
- Video of handful of German Nazis vs. 150 anti-fascist demonstrants.
three comments, already:
oh no… dude, don’t stop these posts. Sure it’s sad but damn, posting those links is at least doing something about it.
panoramix () - 29 09 06 - 20:51
yes, very nice!
ike - 29 09 06 - 23:24
Yah, those soldiers in the Humvee weren’t willing to get shot for 3 broken down trucks. It’s sad that those drivers had to die when support should have been provided. If there were more soldiers in the convoy than that one Humvee than I would be right pissed about this. I realize that they coulda done something, but in that street the Humvee woulda got owned. Poor job on protecting the drivers, should of had at least 3 Humvees with proper directions. On another note, whoever is in charge of the policies that allow for drivers to lack directions on the job and to get injured drivers fired should be fired. Someone (in government) needs to/should have done something about this by:
a) contacting Haliburton and fixing policies, and
b) getting more Humvees/protection for convoy drivers.
Andrew () - 30 09 06 - 05:14