- New loaders for mdl, wal, smf
- Cg support
- Support for custom hardware cursors
- Improved support for 64-bit platforms
- Major OSX device improvements
- Occlusion culling
- Improved collada support
- Improved shadows
- Polygon offset support
- ISceneLoader interface
- Supporting now MSVC 2010 and 2012
- New versions of support libraries
- Video driver attribute query interface
- Increased stability (lots of bugfixes!)
three comments, already:
Good to see another release of irrlicht. Sadly, it seems like there is still now native support for post-processing effects?
What ever happened to all these projects (XEffects..etc)?
Kai Mast () - 09 11 12 - 12:09
congrats Niko! Hope more projects to use this engine
jon (link) - 12 11 12 - 12:33
Not sure, I don’t actually have a lot to do with irrlicht anymore. Don’t have that much time. This release was done completely by the irrlicht developers, without me.
niko - 15 11 12 - 16:53